Tuesday, November 10, 2009

3 years ago today ...WE GOT PINK

I really cant believe it but 3 years has flown by...


On Nov 10Th we received word that we got pink and could forever hold our baby Nov 19Th 2006....


I was eating lunch at the Mexican restaurant here in town (how fitting)


Ken called with the news I was in total shock i couldn't even finish my lunch ( you know I'm in shock if i don't finish my food)


Such a bittersweet moment!



Cindy AKA Abigails Passport photo


BE STILL MY HEART.....

21 words from my friends!:

aamayna said...

Oh my gosh! It looks just like her, yet it doesn't! Those eyes are a dead give away though!

Sarah said...

What an adorable passport picture... they look so "deer in the headlights" but are so damn cute, you just want to squeeze them!

That PINK phone call is the best!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Happy Anniversary! And I love all of her hair... the Tongginator had a head full of hair at that age, too. *grin* And do you ever share your email address? If so, shoot me a line at tonggumomma(at)gmail(dot)com

Gardenia said...

what a tiny little angel! oh my heart quakes when i remember the day we received word that we got PINK! I remember the exact date and time! don't we all? It's as though you can cry just looking at those old photos, especially if they were taken while you were still in process. sigh ... congratulations on this anniversary of your heart.

Hannah said...

Happy Pink day!! Look at that sweet baby face! I just want to get those cheeks so bad!

Spudsnsalsa said...

Awwwww such a sweet photo! Such a change in protocol in such a short time....for BOTH of my girls you were literally handed the PINK slip when you turned in your completed file to the embassy. Then we had to take the girls down the block for the physicals which the 'pink slip' authorized. Once the M.D. handed you the signed off paperwork you raced back to try and get it in 'the window' before closing...that way you could be assured of getting the visa packet early the next afternoon! For us that heart stopping moment was the PGN sign off day when the attorney called to say "It's done! She's now officially your daughter!!! Come in 7 days." Thanks for sharing with us.
Suz

Will and Aileen said...

Awww! What a sweet memory and what an adorable baby!

Lund7 said...

The color pink never looked so good! She's even adorable on that old passport photo!

Jane said...

Oh that picture is too sweet! And so is that memory! Love your new blog look.

Joanna said...

Such an amazing memory. I didn't get "Pink" but I got an email...and I'll just never forget that moment, ever.

Buckeroomama said...

I can understand how you totally fell in love with her! :)

howie mama said...

That picture is so cute-my how they change!

Donna said...

awwww.....congratulations!!! Wow - 3 years! Amazing!

Wanda said...

What a beautiful picture of your little baby girl. Congratulations! Three years. I'll bet it's gone by in a blink of the eye.

What a blessing your sweet little one must be to you. Just wonderful.

Leah and Maya said...

those are the moments aren't they. What a little cutie!

KiT said...

Awwww! Such sweet memories.

Carrie said...

Happy Pink Day. I cannot believe how close our timelines were. We got pink on November 9th and our appointment was on the 14th. We just missed you in Guatemala.

Such nice memories. Have fun celebrating.

Terri said...

What a cutie patootie! Happy Pink day!

Phyllis said...

Getting pink is one of the BEST memories. I remember getting that call at work and just couldn't believe it. Her passport picture is adorable :)
Phyllis

One Busy Momma said...

Cute passport photo!!!

Congrats on the anniversary!!!!

Bobbi said...

I just love those memories!! The this is what I was doing, eating, wearing at the time. Important, precious memories to share with our children