Sunday, August 9, 2009

Visit trip 3 year anniversary part 2

A few minutes before we had to give her back to her Foster Mother....



OH that day was HORRIBLE just HORRIBLE...


Just thinking back makes me sad....







I mean seriously HOW COULD you GIVE THIS SWEET FACE back?...

We had her dressed in all white ..we kissed her and told her "We'd be back!"....

She saw her Foster Mother and got sooo excited...it was bittersweet!
3 Months and 7 days later we came back to bring her home!

10 words from my friends!:

Rhonda said...

I so know how you felt. It is one of those bittersweet times, excitement to get there and then cry all the way home! Happy visitversary :-) Rhonda

Gardenia said...

I cringed as soon as I read "A few minutes before we had to give her back... ." Some of us remember that pain all too well. But she came HOME! and that's the best part. her little face is precious.

Lund7 said...

Oh, I remember how hard it was to give Peter back each time we visited him in Guatemala.

What adorable pictures of her on your visit to Guatemala...how time flies! She's always been so cute!

The Adoption Journey of Baby King said...

Those times of giving them back to their foster mom's are so difficult.

We were lucky to know Luca was in good hands and how much he was loved.

Shelby said...

That outfit is beautiful. I hated that dayoo. Giving them back is sooooo hard.
Love the coutdown on the side!!!!!

Hannah said...

I never got to go visit Sophia. I didn't get to see her until pick up ( we were preparing for Dmitry's surgery) and to be honest as much as I wanted to go, I was kind of relieved that I couldn't because THAT moment of having to give her back...that had to be the hardest thing.

She had (still has) THE most beautiful little face!

So glad our sweeties made it home.

Valerie said...

Urgh! That must of been the hardest thing to do. We didn't visit with Logan b/c from referral to pick up was on 4 months and with Ava we were moving, building a house, moving again. It was nuts!

Alleen said...

I still remember that day vividly and the emotions are still easily remembered. What a hard day it was. But, I always say I have no regrets visiting and getting to spend time with her when she was so young.

Carrie said...

Happy 3 years. I will never forget that sinking feeling of when we had to say good bye to Savannah. It was the worst. I still get a sinking feeling and could cry thinking about it.

The visit trips were so worth it though, despite the tears.

Thanks for sharing your memories.

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

I can't even imagine what that wait must have been like for you! I think it must be so hard to hold her in your arms and then have to hand her back.