Friday, August 7, 2009

FFF~3 years ago ...



3 Years ago from this weekend we went to Guatemala to meet and spend the weekend with our 3 month old future Daughter Abigail ..



She was over 7 lbs..Look at the small feet!



She still has small feet!



Im #1






My very favorite adoption poem...



THE GIFT OF LIFE




I didn't give you the gift of life,But in my heart I know.




The love I feel is deep and real,




As if it had been so.




For us to have each other




Is like a dream come true!




No, I didn't give you The gift of life,




Life gave me the gift of you.




Author Unknown



My girl today....

Please pray for all those families who still are waiting for their children in Guatemala and ones who will never be adopted..



20 words from my friends!:

Shelby said...

So sweet. It's amazing how much changes in three years!!

Hannah said...

That is a beautiful poem...and a VERY beautiful small footed, #1, gift from God :)

Rhonda said...

ahhh, so sweet, thanks so much for all the support today. What a long da it was!!!

Pineapple Princess said...

Wasn't that such an amazing time in your life flying to Guatemala and meeting your baby daughter for the first time?
It was seriously the happiest day of my life when we met Bella for the first time.
It's fun to relive those memories.
Happy 3 year anniversary!

Jo Jo said...

So sweet...so very, sweet.

Terri said...

What a cute little baby Abby was! And now...a beautiful little girl!

Amy S. said...

Hi Leslie..

I love the new blog makeover..Did you do it yourself?.Well..I think it is new since this is my first round in a long while reading blogs. I miss checking in on everyone. Since we are all pretty active on Facebook...seems blogging has taken a back seat.
I sure do miss it!
Abby sure has grown..and wow..she sure does have awesome hair!

Love and Hugs.....

aamayna said...

Love that poem!! How old was she when you visited?

Gardenia said...

what a happy treasured memory, one that all moms have -- the day we met our daughter or son, whether a second old or three months old, or five years old. one of the best memories life has given me, for sure. I love going back to old pics and seeing the change that has taken place before our very eyes. we don't see it becuase we see our child every day, but when I go back and look at photos from 2 years ago, I can't belive how much my daughter has grown and evolved. Love Abby's haircut.

Lilysmom said...

Perfect poem. Happy anniversary. Love those teeny tiny feet!

AZ Mama said...

What a beautiful poem! What a blessing Abby is! :)

Griffin's # 1 fan said...

Awww, she is so beautiful! How do you go about adopting? I think its great, gives parents who can't have children of their own and children a wonderful chance at life!

Spudsnsalsa said...

Okay, now you've gone and made me cry! I had never read that poem before so thank you for posting.

BTW, Mari has and still has the smallest feet!! Her classmates are all heading into adult sizes now and she is BARELY a size 3 (only because she's too proud to buy 2's!!) at 5 foot tall!!!!!!!
Suz

Valerie said...

What a beautiful poem. And I love the pic of Abbie's toes, baby toes are just sooo cute and precious.

I remember our pick-up trip with Logan, he was itty-bitty also, 5.5 months old and nine pounds!

Marsha said...

Time goes by so fast! She was and still is so cute!!!
Marsha

Don and Be said...

3 years!!!!!! Blogging is wonderful as it also serves as a history/journal of growth. Love the fam pics!

Robyn said...

What precious pics to mark such a special anniversary!!

Bobbi said...

Loved the memory lane posts. Oh, giving them back, and then how they lit up. Made me feel good that he felt safe, and broken hearted that I didn't get that response. Oh, the emotions still run deep.

I pray daily for those in process, and for those who will forever live in poverty or w/o a Mama and Daddy

Carrie said...

Leslie, This made me cry. So sweet and special. I love that poem.

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

What a beauty she is Leslie, how lucky we are!