Monday, August 24, 2009

Boo hooo Leslie's pity party

I'm in a HUGE funk lately..I'm not sure 100% but i feel my life is at a HUGE standstill....


Does anyone else ever feel this way???



I started working out in April and I'm UP 16 pounds and its just making me soooo upset...I used to be the skinny girl DAMN IT!! I wonder if its just cuz I'm 4 years away from turning 40? hmm


WAHHH pity party.....


Us before our date on Saturday...

14 words from my friends!:

Jo Jo said...

Now you stop that! You are BEAUTIFUL. Do you already have a degree? Perhaps pursue something you love? :) Just a thought from the college girl. Anyway, I wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the sweet gift I got in the mail today. Love me some Buffet, girl! Now Myla is a true Parrothead, too! HA HA! You are precious.

Alleen said...

You look awesome, so chin up!!!!!!

I have packed on the pounds, but it's because I eat and eat and eat and don't exercise at all. I know you must be frustrated..

Spudsnsalsa said...

OOOOh, watch out for Vanessa's comment sure to come soon...if not already!! She is singing the same bite me blues!!!!!! I might need to steer clear of you two since I'm in an up mood finally...then again it sounds like you'll be needing a designated driver after hosing down this car wreck!
Hurry up outside for a dose of vitamin D before the crappy end of the week cold wet rain comes.
Suz

Lynn said...

PULLLEASSE...You are gorgeous and a terrific mom. You are just gaining muscle! You look fabulous!

Terri said...

I've been having a pity party myself for the last few weeks. I started the Atkins diet and lost 5 pounds so far but I fell "off the wagon" as far as the diet goes today! Okay..I shouldn't really say this here but I was in such a "funk" this past Friday that I actually drank too much by myself watching a chick flick! Don't worry the kids were fast asleep! lol !!!

You do look great though! I think my right leg weighs more than you do!

Cheer up! Or should I say... "cheers"! If only we lived closer!

Hannah said...

I have seen you in person and you are a cutie pie!! Seriously. I am TRYING to get back to the figure I had when I looked a little closer to how you look now.

Cut yourself some slack, be proud of the fact that you are working out. I have been back in the gym for a few weeks now and am UP five pounds. It happens every time...I'll start losing but it takes me a while.

Buckeroomama said...

Cheer up! You look great and you have really adorable children. :)

Erin said...

ooo oooo oooo! I know this one!

I just read an article in Time magazine about "The exercise myth." Apparently, it's a recent trend in medicine to try to get people to "work out," and they're now finding that it doesn't work out. (ha ha, aren't I funny!?) When you exercise in long shots - like 30 minutes to an hour - your body goes into recovery mode afterwards and you eat. You're hungry so you eat something. Makes sense.

The problem is that we actually don't burn THAT many calories when we exercise. (I learned that it takes 17 minutes of running to burn off one blueberry muffin. ONE!) So what we take in right after we exercise usually totals more calories than we just burned.

Time's solution to this? Lots of little bursts of exercise. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park in the farthest spot instead of the closest. The science behind weight loss is simple math - more calories out than in. So watch the calories you take in (limit the sweets and fried stuff mostly) and do little bits to "work out." See if it helps.

For me, it's the boredom snacking that gets me. The piece of candy every 20 minutes from the dish at work. The cookie someone brought to my desk. The "watching tv" popcorn.

Oh and the sodas and the Starbucks. Check the calories on that stuff. Good heavens!

Regardless, you're gorgeous, Leslie! And I want to continue to read your blog and be your FB friend. Can I stay? :)

Vanessa said...

Leslie, Suzanne is absoilutely right!! I have been singing those same blues lately and been in a funk that I can't seem to shake!! Praying things get better for you chick! HUGS!

Bobbi said...

HUH!! IF I only looked half as gorgeous as you.

I think at times we all get in funks. Keep your eye on your size. Are you building muscles? muscle weighs more than fat!!! And, I am finding that my metabolism is crap now that I am over 30. Drinking green tea (there is also a vitamin with it in it) also speeds up the metabolism

howie mama said...

I think it is age-at least that's what I blame it on. I haven't changed a thing and have blown up over the last 2 years-it SUCKS!!

Alicia W. said...

I don't give a damn.. 16 lbs or not.. You still rockin it and I wish I looked half as good as you.

Carrie said...

Me too. Can I join your pity party. I've been in a bad mood too. Everything bothers me and I can't sleep.

You are so beautiful, peppy, and funny. You are great friend and mom. You always cheer me up and I go to your blog and facebook page when I need a pick me up.

If you feel good on the inside you will be more successful in all you try to accomplish. I don't like exercise at all. At least you are working out. It takes a long time and a combination to make the pounds come off. You look really skinny though, so only you know.

Hugs!!!

Valerie said...

Leslie, I think you look so cute just the way you are.
You're not the only one going thru a funk. I've been going thru one for the past couple of months. I think it's because summer is almost over and it wasn't that great of year.