Friday, July 31, 2009

FFF~ my Grandparents...



I decided to dedicate this FFF post to my Grandparents.....I was very very close to my Grandparents on my Fathers side...they were my WORLD and how i miss them! My Grandmother and I were best friends she will never be replaced!..






I thought I'd share these prize pictures with you...



Shirley and Francis (Francie)@ 36 yrs old

Grandpa enjoyed every moment of being a Grandfather and it showed in EVERY picture..(me on right)





and a Great Grandpa even more....(w/Bradley)


The same goes for my Grandmother ....(my siblings and I )

W/ Ashley

Francis 1933-2007

Shrirley 1933-2004

*** Both died of smoking related illness (I HATE SMOKING)

Sadly they didn't get to meet Ken(Grandpa met ken) or my sweet Abby..

I'm sure they would have loved them!

What is it about grandparents that is so lovely?

I'd like to say that grandparents are God's gifts to children.

And if they can but see, hear and feel what these people have to give,

they can mature at a fast rate.

~Bill Cosby

9 words from my friends!:

Hannah said...

Good grandparents are a gift to the whole family :)

Rhonda said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I think of my parents every day and how they would have totally doted on my girls but I know they are in heaven looking upon us and with arms WIDE open. Blessings friend. Hope you have a good weekend.

Amanda said...

Aww, how sweet, I love it! I unfortunately didn't have close grandparents, but luckily do have it for my own kids!

Spudsnsalsa said...

Beyond priceless photos!!! Never got to meet any of my grandparents...well when I was old enough since I was only 18mos old when the last one died. Dying to get Mari back to Guatemala SOON since her birth grandmothers are both still living but they are elderly and I don't want her to miss the chance to meet them at least once!
Suz

Terri said...

You have the best pictures! Your so lucky to have them all. A lot of our old family pictures were taken by my uncle and not shared with the rest of us! =(

Griffin's # 1 fan said...

What a sweet post! Love the old pics!

Gardenia said...

what a great idea for a post. I may have to steal it ;) The one with you and your sibs and your grandmother -- is that you in the first communion dress? how precious. and, it's fun to remind ourselves through pictures of how we looked and dressed back then.

One Busy Momma said...

Sooo sweet!!!!

I only had one grandma growin up... and she is thankfully still with us (abit 2000 miles away)... I'm so thankful for her!!!!

I'm also soo blessed that my parents are still around to be with my kids... there is defiantly something special about grandparents!

Shelby said...

Great post. I lost my last 2 grandparents this year. Within 2 months of each other. I was blessed enought that my mother's mother knew all of my children and was a part of their daily lives. Thank you for taking me back to the happy memories.