Saturday, July 25, 2009

~Facts About Domestic Violence~ Us before and after

This is a picture of us during the HELL...1998





As a victim of Domestic Violence with my first marriage when i see facts and statics like this i shutter and thank God for many Angels who helped me through my journey...






****






Facts About Domestic Violence:

- FBI statistics indicate that every 12 seconds a woman is beaten by her husband, boyfriend, or lover.

- Battering happens to women of every culture, age, color, nationality and educational socio-economic level.

- Of the children who witness domestic violence, 60% of the boys eventually become batterers, and 50% of the girls become victims.

- 64% of all women will be battered at some time in their lives



- 60% of battered women are beaten while they are pregnant.


- 95% of all spousal assaults are committed by men.

- Children raised in violent homes are 74% more likely to commit assault.

- 52% of female murder victims are killed by their partners

- 1 in 4 female suicides were victims of family violence.

- Battering is the single major cause of injury to women — more frequent than auto accidents, muggings, and rapes combined. It is the leading cause of emergency room visits by women




Us today ...I LOVE that this HORRIBLE chain was broken.





IF you are being abused go to

National Domestic Violence Hotline or call 1-800-799-SAFE





20 words from my friends!:

Sarah said...

Amen sister...

I am so happy that you and your kids are safe and happy and out of that situation!

Love you!

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Ugh! I hate this. For you-for everyone this has ever happened to. I'm so happy you are safe and well with your sweet family now.
My heart hurts for you and I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Spudsnsalsa said...

Way to speak up!! Let's hope we can all learn from your 'angels' and not be afraid to step in and act when we're needed. Many a night I refused to let my baby sister leave to take her kids home because I knew what was waiting for her. Thankfully I no longer have to listen to him trying to batter in my doors because the 3 strike rule has sent him away for life...but what the future holds for my niece and nephew I can only guess.
Hope you can hear the loud sustained clapping coming at you from the west:)!!!!
Suz

Robyn said...

Leslie, you are such a strong, amazing woman!! I am so glad the horrible chain was broken!!

Amanda said...

What a wonderful post. Wonderful because you and your kids SHINE through.. it's quite evident! I am so happy for you!! I love that you post awarness about it ever so often on your blog as well. You 4 are Beautiful.. Beautiful to match your new husband and daughter as well. I have been SO blessed to have never witnessed or experienced domestic abuse. What a gift you gave your kids! *hugs*

Donna said...

Leslie - what a powerful post! Many prayers of thanks that you were able to get OUT and seek help or do whatever it was that you DID to get you and your family SAFE! God bless, honey!

Melinda said...

I'm so sorry you had to endure that abuse. But I'm so thankful you're safe now and a new example has been set for your children! You are such a wonderful mom!!

Melinda

Rhonda said...

I am so sad for what you went through Leslie and it is sad that so many women and children can't get out. Saying many thanks that you were able to break free and find happiness.
Hugs and prayers, xoxoxox Rhonda

Pineapple Princess said...

Love and admire your strength and courage!
The chain of violence is broken forever!

Kellie said...

I would never have known you went through all that. Glad to see you so happy and with a wonderful family now! Thanks for the informational post! All of us need these kind of reminders! You are AWESOME!

Teresa said...

The example you have set for your children is that you don't stay with an abuser. That speaks over all the shouting they endured.

You are an amazing woman and I love that your family is happy and safe and you lived to help others battle this scourge.

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.

Jo Jo said...

You are amazing, and I love how you turned something awful into something beautiful...and now you're helping others. You are a strong, beautiful woman!

The Adoption Journey of Baby King said...

I am so glad you had the strength to get out of that situation. I realized after I was divorced, the mental abuse I had been put through.

Your family is beautiful! So glad happiness is with you.

Alleen said...

Great post and you've done an awesome job of setting an example for your children. And you found true happiness in the end!

Hannah said...

I love that you not only broke the chain of abuse for your family but are committed to helping others do the same.

Your children are blessed to have such a good mom :)

Bobbi said...

so glad you and your family are survivors. I know that you have scars, and wounds that will never heal completly, but you are out and have a man who cherishes you. Truly one of the lucky ones

Rachel said...

What an awesome post - it's so wonderful to see where you were and where you've been blessed to have come to! Thank you for having the courage to get out and for having the courage to speak out too!

Marsha said...

What a great post! So glad you and your children are safe and happy! You are such a cute family and I pray you have many more happy years and memories!
Marsha

Griffin's # 1 fan said...

My first husband was also abusive, so I know how it feels, though I didn't have any children w/ him (thank goodness). I'm so glad you found the strength to leave!

mjenningsdesigns said...

I am so glad that you broke the chain of violence and that you are in a happy and safe relationship now!