Thursday, July 30, 2009

Daniel's 11th bday and report card time!




We sponsor a child through Mayan families and you cant imagine what this does to my heart when i receive updates about this precious boy....




I CANT WAIT TO MEET HIM someday!







Daniel just had his 11th birthday and I'm sure this made his day to get a cake ...Many children will never get a cake in Guatemala...




SO MUCH IS taken for granted in this country!!




and Report card time too....

(my kids don't look this happy w/ their report cards)

For more info on Mayan families go to www.mayanfamilies.org

9 words from my friends!:

Amanda said...

He is so handsome!

You are awesome, Leslie!!

Rhonda said...

warms your heart to see such smiles. I unfortunately got someone else's sponsored child's letter! Hoping we get our family's soon! Love those big smiles from ear to ear :-)

Hannah said...

Look at that smile...so sweet. Our children (and us parents too) have it SO easy.

Gardenia said...

you can see his sheer happiness in the photos. amd to think you've had something to do with that -- what a great feeling, hmm?

Valerie said...

I love his smile also! We got our sponsored student's report card in the mail along with a picture he had drawn us a couple of weeks ago. I was smiling for days!

Marsha said...

That is so great!! What a blessing you guys are to him!!
marsha

Terri said...

Love the smile too! What a special boy! I bet these pictures are so priceless to you!

aamayna said...

He is so cute!!! We haven't gotten a report card yet for Luz, but we have rec'd two older thank you drawings. Does your heart good!

Katie said...

awww love his belt and dress pants ... melt your heart !