Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

We stayed W/ Kens parents for a few days in SC and had a small family party!
I know this is rare BUT I LOVE MY IN-LAWS!

We Ate some Southern Comfort foods..Those people can cook..
we ate..


Had a bday cake for Grandpa

Even got to visit Great Granny @ the nursing home...
Granny is a TOUGH lady after 6 heart attacks and a broken hip this winter still kickin @94 years old....Must be all that cooking with butter and Lard! SHE ROCKS!

Cant wait till they come and see us in the Fall

10 words from my friends!:

Buckeroomama said...

Awww... glad to see that you had a great time! Missed you. :)

Hannah said...

So you like your in-laws? I didn't even know that is possible :)

What a blessing to have a family so full of love...And Great Granny knows what to do butter and Lard kept my Grandpa alive till 95 :)

LOVE Abby's outfit with the bow...so cute!

Amanda said...

That's awesome, I actually enjoy my inlaws too!!!

MmmMmmm Food! Just no pig.. hehee ;)

KiT said...

So glad you all had a great time. We are looking forward to our trip home down South as well.

Alicia W. said...

aww, I love it! I'm so glad you had a great time in SC and all the fun places you visited. That food looks YUM.

Griffin's # 1 fan said...

Nothing like the South! Glad yall had a good time!

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Oh, yeah, I like me some good southern food! Yum!
Abby looks like she's grown-sweet little thing!

Valerie said...

Aw, man! Just looking at all that food is making me drool big time! You gotta love some down home southern food. I seriously need to move down there for the weather, beach, and food!

I'll lend you Logan if you can get him trained thru the night!LOL!

Rhonda said...

What a fun time. We too have come to an "understanding" with ours and now the best of friends :-)

Rebekah - A Wife and Mom said...

Oh I LOVE the pictures of Abby with grandma ... what a sweet lady! And yes - still kicking because of all that butter and lard - AMEN!

Looks like you enjoyed some great down home cooking - love that about vacations!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM

rebekah