Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Sweet 16 my Dear Ashley *



ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Friday is my oldest Daughter Ashley's 16th Birthday...YES I HAVE A 16 year old! ENJOY your babies they grow up soooo fast!


Some Facts about Ashley Nicole ;




She was almost born at 24 weeks gestation and also at 26 weeks..With Many weeks in the hospital and 4 months bed rest I gave birth only 3 weeks early! YEP that girl was strong willed from day one!

My Baby shower 6 days before her birth..I was one of those super small preggo girls..OK WHEN you are 19 that will happen!




After 6 hours of labor i had a 5 lb 15 oz CRYING MACHINE..She cried 23 out of 24 hrs a day for over a year! COLIC ROCKS! LOL IM KIDDING..IT SUCKS~Ashley always had the look in her eyes that she knew what you were saying!
MAJOR MAJOR fan of Barney..Till this day i HATE BARNEY!
At 17 Months i gave her a little brother...She hated him! At age 5 she became a new big sis again and was ok with it ,,,more boys to control!




Ashley LOVED learning and is extremely smart( she didn't get it from me!) ...She started reading and doing simple math at age 3 years old!



First day of Kindergarten




She has been a vegetarian since she was 5 ..i really thought it was a phase BUT nothing is a phase with her! lol






She has done amazing art work that has been in many art shows since 2nd grade to present..*i have blogged her art many times!





The last time we have seen her looking "girly" 2007

She had to share the Reign of being princess with Abby for over 2 years now..I THINK deep down inside she's ok with that! lol




Dear Ashley ,



Thank you for teaching me how to be a better Mother...I'M a work in progress because being the first born isn't easy!!



I'M proud of the woman you are growing into and DONT CHANGE for anyone and keep thinking boys are jerks and that cell phones are stupid!


Love, mom



*** I WILL POST MY FFF ON SUNDAY!

24 words from my friends!:

Alicia W. said...

Aww Leslie! What a sweet and funny birthday shout out to your 1st baby. I love the part "Boys are jerks and cell phones are stupid" Hells to tha yeah! :o)

Happy Birthday to your Ashley.

Lund7 said...

Happy 16th birthday to Ashley! What a beautiful girl she is! Leslie, you don't look old enough to have a 16-year old!!

aamayna said...

What a sweet post, I love it!! She was so cute (and still is a beautiful girl!). Happy birthday!!

Spudsnsalsa said...

Nice sentiments! Jealous that you got to see 'girly' until the teen years!!!!! Julia has abandoned her feminine side for a couple of years and I'm exerting extreme pressure to get a skirt or dress for big holidays already...she's only 8!
Happy Sweet 16 Ashley!
Suz

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!!!!!

Amanda said...

Happy Sweet 16th to Ashley. I loved reading all about her!
Mason had colic baaaaad too. Man it was screaming 24/7 for the first 6 months. I was in a world of shock being it my first time.

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!

Terri said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!!!! Your a beautiful young lady!
Have fun!!!

Will and Aileen said...

What a sweet post! Teens can be a challenge, but they sure hold their own set of blessings, too! Happy Birthday, Ashley!

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday Ashley...you are smart, talented and beautiful!! Have a wonderful year :)

Jen said...

Happy Sweet 16, Ashley!

Rhonda said...

Ahhh, happy birthday to Ashley. What a great post and just love the trip down memory lane at the different stages. I didn't realize you had to deal with colic too. We had that horrible with Emily until she was 6 months old. Ugh, glad they outgrow that but the do grow sooooo fast!

Bobbi said...

Happy Birthday, Ashley. You are a beautiful young woman. Your Mom brought me to tears w/this post. Hope you have a great day.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!

Sarah said...

LOL! We DO have a lot in common!!! Morgan was a HUGE Barney fan too and I can't stand him now! When Sophie finds him on tv and begs me to watch it, I literally throw up in my mouth a little! LOL! And, Morgan also hates her little brother that I gave her when she was 28 months old (you are quick, girlfriend)! I can't say so much about the girliness, no boys and no cell phones... they are opposites on that! But they do love their baby sisters!

Our smart, beautiful first born girls will go far! What a sweet tribute to your sweet girl Happy Birthday Ashley!

Marsha said...

Sweet Post! Happy Birthday Ashley!!!
Marsha

Gail said...

Love the post! Hope Ashley has a wonderful birthday!!

Tracy'sspace said...

Happy Birthday Ashley, hope you have a great day.
I hate Barney too, (due to having one child and then working in a childrens ward for 6 years). This reminded me of a playground song that the older kids in SA sing (may be world wide) I love you, you love me, lets go out and kill Barney, with a baseball bat and a 4 by 4, no more purple dinasour!"
Brenda learned this last year and sang it solidly for about 3 weeks, I hated that song and barney by the end lol.
Hope you have a great Mothers Day

Lilysmom said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Ashley. Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you. Have fun and Happy Mothers day!

mjenningsdesigns said...

Loved reading this! Happy Birthday Ashley!

Kim & Dave said...

What sweet words for your daughter!!

Happy b-day, sweet 16!!

Don and Be said...

Beautiful post, Leslie!
Happy Birthday, Ashley!
We have been busier than a puppy in a roomful of rubber balls, thus the backup of posts on my Bloglines. We'll try to do better ......

Robyn said...

What a beautiful post!! Happy Sweet 16 Ashley!!

Isabella's mom said...

how beautiful, and she sounds like someone to be proud of, congrdulations! and happy birthday abbey




jill