Friday, April 24, 2009

A moment that took my breath away....

I took a picture this evening looking at it.. my eyes filled with tears...I don't always see the resemblances of Abby to her Birth Mother....Tonight i saw it VERY Strong...Abby has a fuller face but I'm pretty sure Abby is eating more...
I will repost this on Mother's Day just had to share tonight!


Birthmother by Leslie Gallimore
B is for the bravery of putting your child first
I is for the interest you have in your child
R is for remaining true to what you believed is best
T is for the tears you shed
H is for the hours you spend pondering adoption
M is for the months you were pregnant
O is for the overwhelming and mixed emotions
T is for the terrific woman you are
H is for the honor you deserve
E is for the experience of labor
R is for the reward of choosing life

15 words from my friends!:

Jenne said...

Beautiful!

aamayna said...

Wow, she really does look a lot like her. Beautiful!

Amanda said...

How Beautiful! Their eyes and nose are the same!

Kellie said...

How stunning they both are!

Terri said...

Beautiful! What a blessing Abby is!

Lilysmom said...

Leslie so beautiful. Our girls have the same Mayan nose and so do their birthmothers. I often see Petrona when I take pictures of Lily. Our mayan girls and their birthmommies are so beautiful. HUGS cause we are two lucky mamas.

Alicia said...

Simply beautiful.

Hannah said...

I see it, especially in the eyes. Very cool.

Lund7 said...

I have always loved Abby's beautiful eyes and her mouth...now I see the resemblence to her birth mom!

Bobbi said...

That is very striking. Isn't it breathtaking when these moments come upon us?

Mama Eve said...

I just got very emotional reading this and seeing the pictures of your daughter and her birthmother. What an amazing situation.

Rhonda said...

What a really great post Leslie. It was so touching and so amazing to see the resemblence. We are all so very blessed.

mjenningsdesigns said...

How touching...

Rachel said...

I love how you are always leaving little tributes to her birthmom - that is very sweet and special!!

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

oh girl, you are making me cry!!!How touching. They will always have a special place in our hearts forever!!!!