Saturday, March 14, 2009

Someone said....A poem for all moms!

Ashley and I 1993

~ On Thursday i turned 36 years old and laughed because on May 8Th I will have a 16 year old..If you do the math i was 19 when i got pregnant..(we'll save that story for another time!).....I love this poem ,I'm sure you've seen it before BUT this really sums up my first 16 years as a MOM...I FEEL doubly blessed to have experienced being a adoptive Mother as well..



ENJOY!



Someone Said...




Someone said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby ...someone doesn't know that once you're a mother, normal is history.



Someone said you learn how to be a mother by instinct ... someone never took a three-year-old shopping.



Someone said being a mother is boring ... someone never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a driver's permit.



Someone said if you're a "good" mother, your child will "turn out good" ... someone thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee.



Someone said "good" mothers never raise their voices ... someone never came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through the neighbor's kitchen window.



Someone said you don't need an education to be a mother ... someone never helped a fourth grader with his math.



Someone said you can't love the fifth child as much as you love the first ... someone doesn't have more than one child.



Someone said a mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books ... someone never had a child stuff beans up his nose.



Someone said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery ...someone never watched her "baby" get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten.



Someone said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back ...someone never organized seven giggling Girl Scouts to sell cookies.



Someone said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married ...someone doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.



Someone said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home ...someone never had grandchildren.



Someone said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her ... someone isn't a mother.



- Unknown

9 words from my friends!:

Hannah said...

Love the Poem...so true!

Have a great weekend.

aamayna said...

How sweet is that!?! And true Thx for sharing!

Tricia said...

How true is that?!??!

Hope your birthday was as special as you are!

jill marie said...

I just love that... I was 19 when I got pregnant with Alli...I was to young to know how hard it was...I look back and wonder how it all came together.. Happy Birthday!

Belinda said...

Hey Leslie,

Sorry for the late post but Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day with you family!
B

ANDREEA said...

Beautiful words!!Love it!

Bobbi said...

I had never heard that before, and I love it! It couldn't be mnore true

Rhonda said...

I hadn't seen that one before and I soooo love it.

Rebekah - A Wife and Mom said...

Oh Leslie - I am SO SO Sorry we didn't sign in and wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Well we will now ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I hope you had a wonderful day and that it was overflowing with love, hugs and birthday kisses ...

Hope you had a wonderful weekend too ... Hugs from MN!

Rebekah and the girls!