Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Fat Tuesday to you and get your Paczki ....



For anyone who doesn't know today is Fat Tuesday- the day before Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent . Traditionally, households consumed all the remaining foods that would be forbidden during Lent (e.g., eggs) on that day.






Don't forget your Paczki......My Maiden name is Bulkowski I'M ALL OVER THAT BABY!




What is a Paczki (pro-nounced poonch-key) ?-are traditional Polish doughnuts shaped into a flattened sphere and filled with confiture or other sweet filling.


NOW get your FAT on!

11 words from my friends!:

Bobbi said...

I might need to try those. Sounds yummy!!

Suzanne said...

Oh, yummy. I'm drooling...

Rachel said...

I don't know much about all that - but those donut things look yummy!!

Valerie said...

Ava gave me her yucky sickness, so no goodies for me today. Eat one for me, ok!

Valerie said...

Actually I am part Polish, so eat a dozen for me!

April said...

Never had a polish donut, but I am all over that one, or at least if I wasn't on my new exercise plan, I wonder where I can find them, they do look delicious...

All these B's and Me! said...

Hey - about Charleston! I totally recommend either somewhere located on the Market.. that way you can walk everywhere and be in the heart of town. Or if you wanted to do the beach side.. I would say Isle of Palms , Folly Beach, or Mount Pleasant. Love them all! We have stayed at all of them and they are great and not far from either downtown or the beach. Good luck!!

Belinda said...

OAAAH Leslie thoes look yummy...You are so funny "get your fat on"
hope you are doing well... I have not updated my blog in weeks but hope to soon! Me and Leslie had a play date today you would have had fun with us...
B

Marsha said...

Those look so GOOOOOOOD!
Marsha

Terri said...

YUMMY!!!

Rhonda said...

Yummmmmmy! Never had a polish doughnut but mouth drooling over any of that yummy looking pastry!