Sunday, January 25, 2009

Juno ..Your thoughts?



OK i finally saw the movie Juno last week ..(yes i know its been out for over a year)..If you have seen it and have reviews let me know..I laughed,cried ..
What parts made you laugh, or what didn't you like or you loved!!??
It really gave me a insight on how the birth mother feels and goes through.


11 words from my friends!:

Amanda said...

My husband and I love that movie. He just recently saw it too. Yes, it too, took me that long to get him to watch it and then he loved the whole thing. It gave me a little insight on what he and Mary's mom must have went through, although they wanted to keep her. They were in High School when they had her too.

I'm can imagine how it hit close to home with you as well. What a beautiful unselfish gift!

Bobbi said...

I thought it was EH. I would like to have had them go more into her feelings after she had the baby, and that life isn't always happily ever after. It didn't seem real to me.

Terri said...

After my daughter saw the movie she had to have the hamburger phone!
I liked the movie but It's been so long since I have seen it I cant remember which parts I liked.

Donna said...

Hey Leslie - when I sat down to watch the show, I was all ready for a Hallmark, Lifetime, type of movie, but was pleasantly surprised it had an "edge" to it.
One of my favorite scenes is when the stepmom comes to the rescue at the doctor's office. And of coruse I love the note Juno gave at the end.
It's been awhile since I've seen it, so I couldn't quite remember a lot of details (well, that and I'm old ya know!).
Oddly enough, my 20 year old soon-to-be daughter-in-law did not like the movie at all!
As far as the adoption theme, I think that's how I like to view it, these kids were always meant to be mine.
I'll be checking back for other people's perspectives.

aamayna said...

I love your new blog lay-out!!! You change it with the holidays.....I love it!

Hannah said...

I really liked Juno. I know it is a little crude but it is very witty and funny in a smart butt kind of way..which is what I relate too!!

I also love the story line, it is not very often that adoption is put out there in a positive light. I even like how the dad to be is kind of a jerk because all along you thought he was the cool one but then you realize that the mom is really the cool one.

Farrah said...

I actually loved,loved Juno... I could watch it over and over again!!

My favorites parts were her Spunkiness and her choice of words, I thought she was hilarious!
The Step Mom standing up for her in the Dr's office,and several more!!

The movie meant alot to me because I had a baby at 16 and although I choose to keep him, The movie really opens kids eyes that it is okay to put the baby up for adoption!

Also I like the fact that she still choose to let the mom adopt him after her husband left her, IT shows that Single moms deserve to parent too!! Okay so I LOVED JUNO!

Kelli said...

I saw it last winter and thought that it was a cute flick. It was crazy to watch it knowing that was what I was going through. We had just been picked by Kamden's birth parents and were talking with them on the phone and getting everything ready for his birth. The one part that I didn't like was when the girl's husband decided that he liked Juno. I didn't see that coming at all. But with all that said I think that it will help others to understand adoption a bit better. So many people have their opinions but have no clue what we or the birth parents go through. Love the prints below. Have a great Monday!!!

Valerie said...

I've only caught the last 15 or so minutes of it and of course I cried. But, I cry at anything. I've been meaning to rent it, but it's hard to find grown up movie time with two little ones.

Love the new blog design! It's so fun and cute!

Don and Be said...

I thought it was curious that "Juno" received the acclaim that it did, given the uncomfortable topic of unwanted teenage pregnancy. Pro-lifers and Pro-choicers had to be happy with this movie as Juno *chooses* to let her baby *live*. I was taken by the quirkiness of the movie as Juno was straight forward about her decision to give her baby up for adoption, most likely not the decision girls her age would make. Faced with disapproval and criticism, the writers are balanced in allowing the viewer to be moved by the mind of the central character who is emotionally ahead of her time. And after she has her baby, the scene under the end credits showed that she was still just a 16 year old girl, as she danced clumsily with the baby's father.
"Juno" was uplifting and redemptive in light of a sensitive topic. I really liked it.

Rhonda said...

Thought the best part was that at the end she still wanted to place her baby with the adoptive mom even though they were getting divorced which just reaffirms that the right baby is meant for you.