Saturday, December 6, 2008

Adoption Statistics...

Orphan Statistics The total number of orphans worldwide is projected to reach 44 million by 2010.
As you read this there are;
Asia - 3.5 million orphans
Africa - 5.5 million orphans
Latin America - 400,000 orphans
Eastern Europe - 1.5 million orphans
US Foster Care - 118,000 children available for adoption


~ Adoption has changed our life in ways that i cant even begin to describe! Please pray that all of these beautiful children find their forever families!

You never know one day you might be the one who welcomes them into your family!

***** Yes that's a pic of Abby 3 weeks after coming home from Guatemala!****



I asked God, "How much time do I have before I die?"
He replied, "Enough to make a difference"................
--- Unknown

11 words from my friends!:

Terri said...

LOVE that quote!
Adoption has also changes my life in SO many ways! People just don't understand unless you have adopted as well. I hope and pray adoption touches other people hearts as well.

Aimee said...

Great post! Have fun in C-bus!

Kim & Dave said...

AMEN!!!

Praying for all these precious children!

& what a cute picture of your Guatemalteca!

Kim & Dave said...

AMEN!!!

Praying for all these precious children!

& what a cute picture of your Guatemalteca!

Jessica said...

That is such a sad reality. Me and my husband are planning on adopting in a few years about 3 we are just waiting for me to get out of school. I can't wait!!!!!

Joshua said...

Your daughters pics is soooo cute!! WHat a beautiful smile she has!! SO sad that there are so many orphans:( Wish we all had the resourses to take care of all of them.

ANDREEA said...

I love your post,It makes me cry,I am still vaery sad,adoption can be very overwhelming sometimes.
I hope I can get past this.
Love you.Take care.

Bobbi said...

The statistics are truly scary. I am so glad my heart was opened to adoption.

What a little doll!!

terri s said...

What a great post. I too have been changed by adoption. I thought I would adopt, make a family, and be done. But seeing the hurt, knowing the vast numbers of children who need a family, makes me accountable. I can't just move on from here. I do a little to give back to Guatemala, but I so wish I could do more.

Valerie said...

I thought we were done "having" children since we have Logan and Ava. But, now I feel God telling me that there is a little boy out there that we need and that needs us as a family. I just need to get my husband on board and hopefully Guatemala will reopen soon!

Rachel said...

Eye opening - I think we need to remember and pray for all these sweeties who need forever homes!