Sunday, November 9, 2008

We are Domestic abuse survivors..

My children just received their report cards in the mail today and EVERYtime i get them i feel SO old and i ask myself "Where did my babies go?"





Ashley the first born has always been the thinker,the smarty and the one to be the child that marches to a different beat then most..

Then



Now talented artist in the 10Th grade and a Honor Roll student

Brad is my kindhearted boy and was such a happy happy little baby..He is a kind soul who loves his siblings and basketball is his passion since he first started walking!
Grant is the quite,honest (sometimes too honest) little brother! He's very very cute and knows it so he gets out of ALOT of trouble! He loves music and hanging with his friends!Now they are turning into men (well almost) Brad is now taller then me but i can still kick his butt! LOL Made the 8th grade Basketball team and is getting pretty descend grades this year! OH and he loves the ladies!
Grant is the same as I stated above and it getting good grades too! ..I guess i will see what puberty brings!! YIKES!

I feel soooo honored to be the mother of these 4 Amazing children! (I didn't include Abby only because i blog about her daily!)
I feel that fleeing a abusive marriage has helped my children grow into wonderful young adults..I'm a successful domestic violence survivor ..Please pray for the women and children who never get that chance for happiness~
domestic violence awareness Pictures, Images and Photos

14 words from my friends!:

Our Family of 5 said...

They are all so stinken cute. But I am sure they are going to kill you for putting baby pictures on here...LOL

JuJu - said...

I guess we have a few things in common that I never knew - now I know why I felt lead to check your blog - i can agree with you that my children are stronger and that I am as well - for having the courage to leave and go on -

YES
we are survivors my friend - and look at all the good that come from that:)

My kids have been blessed to see me treated kindly by a wonderful man and know that they can have healthy realtionships:)

and we have our beautiful babies:)

love to you and yours:)

and proud to be in the survivor club with you:):)

Lilysmom said...

You are inspiring and a wonderful example of what powerful women can do when they put their minds to it. I am so happy you found happiness! Thank you for sharing.

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful post and such great children you have Leslie. BIG hugs to you for surviving the domestic violence. It is sad that there is still so much of that happening and so many people not able to get out. We too were extremely blessed to get my sister out of her violent marriage.

Valerie said...

I'm saying a prayer right now for everyone who didn't get the chance for happiness.......... I'm glad you and the kids have found yours! Congrats on being a strong survivor.

Amy said...

I worked as a domestic violence advocate for women for a year and it was by far one of my toughest jobs ever...You are a survivor..It takes a very strong woman to leave what you were dealing with...its a situation no one should ever have to go through

Becca said...

Leslie - you are such a strong woman. I am so proud of you. I look forward to meeting you one day.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Joshua said...

Great pics!!! Beautiful, intelligent children and how blessed you are!!! Love the music on your blog:)

howie mama said...

Leslie,
You are a strong woman! I congratulate you and your bravery. It is great to be in a good place in life after you have struggled so hard. I hope to see you in Columbus on the 6th-Heather

Aimee said...

Les - I read your blog earlier and didn't have time to post (nor the words). You are such an inspiration/ role model/ strong woman! Your daughters will be better off having you in their life (and Ken too!!).

Bobbi said...

I am so proud of you, and all the others who have escaped an abusive relationship. What a great, and very moving post.

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I am so glad I get to call you friend!

My identical twin is also in the survivor club with you. Although I have never been in an abusive relationship I can relate to it because my sister and I are SO close.

You go girl! You kick big time booty!

Love you

Andrea

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful that you are a survivor! Your children are beautiful!
Leah
www.leahomar.wordpress.com

Our Complete Family said...

To the most strong Leslie I know,
You are AMAZING! You ROCK! I am so proud of you and sharing your story and so inspired by your strength and courage.
Love, the thrilled for your happiness and lovely kiddos, Les