Monday, November 10, 2008

One year ago this week..She walks!!!!

One year ago today my baby girl walked she was almost 18 months old and we were getting worried! When we brought her home her legs were like jello so it didn't shock us that she walked later then most!
She still doesn't really run or jump but man she can walk pretty fast when she wants to!
“When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice safe playpen. When they’re finished, I climb out.” - Erma Bombeck
.

9 words from my friends!:

Tonya said...

It was one year ago Thanksgiving weekend that my monkey walked alone for the first time, he was 17 months... I had so much to be thankful for and still count my blessings daily. Abby is adorable. It's awesome watching them blossom into amazing little people - thanks for sharing her through your blog :)

Rhonda said...

Emily too was a late walker and we wondered if she was ever going to get to that next step! BUT then they never stop!!!!!

Michelle said...

HELLO... I don't get to visit as often as I like but I LOVE catching up on your posts! I love your post about voting and Abby's American Flag dress is adorable...

Owen was already walking (running) when we brought him home and hasn't stopped since (has actually gotten faster:) It is great to look back and compare pictures, I love that.

Michelle

Michelle

Valerie said...

Awwww, what a cutie. Both of my kids also walked (and talked) late. Now they won't sit still for one minute! (Ava still has only 5 words and she's 18 months old).

Carrie said...

So cute! It is amazing to think what they did not do a year ago and then look at them now. Savannah did not walk until 16 1/2 months. We were worried too, for nothing. She is late to walk and talk, but then does it great. That is the way our kids are.

Amanda said...

Matthew was 18 months too before he started walking and Mason was 10 months. Every child definitely does things at different times!

Joshua said...

Oh my goah, thank you SO much for posting this today!! I didn't know that about your daughter and when I readi ti I immediately was glued to the post. It gave me so much hope when I read that your daughter's legs were like jello and couldn't move. That is EXACTLY what my son came home like. He walked in the walker for the 1st time today! He was moving all around the house. When I saw your daughters picture of her walking and the caption, I just melted, as she walked at 20 months. My son turned 17 months the other day and is not walking on is own. Thank you so much for posting this, you really gave me gave me such hope for my son. Thank you, Thank you, thank you!!!!! Angie

Tarah said...

How wonderful to look back and realize how far she has come!

Bobbi said...

Oh, how I wish I had found your blog last year!! Reese didn't walk until the day he turned 16 months--2 day before Christmas!!Oh, I remember the sense of relief!! He still isn't much of a jumper either--but he can run like lightning.