Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 3 ..Embassy Day our Forever Family day! (and FFF)



Day 3 in Guatemala ..Embassy Day Nov 21st at 9am! We were sooo nervous this day checking and rechecking our paperwork....I was a wreck to say the least!




The U.S Embassy in Guatemala






I remember how chaotic it was outside of the Embassy and how bad I felt for the Guatemalans waiting in line...Our agency just cut right through to the head of the line because we had a appointment..I felt so bad for the others that had waited for hours outside.







At 7am before we left to the Embassy nervous as all heck but happy too!


When we got to the waiting room there were about 75 ish other families there and i could hear a pin drop not a single baby made a peep! I said to Ken "These Guatemalan babies are so quite!" Were they as nervous as us? Could they sense we were excited? Abby still had the look of shock on her face!


"OHH MY who are these crazy people?"





This was taken later in the day ..I was MUCH more relaxed! I have to add this..A lot of the Guatemalan women didn't like that i only had one small blanket on the baby and they sure let it be known!!! It was 75 degrees out but little did they know how cold and snowy it was in Ohio!



OHHHH and here is My FFF pic the theme is Crying out loud

OH the DRAMA!

If youd like to see more FFF go to http://www.kissthefrog4me.blogspot.com/

31 words from my friends!:

Aimee said...

Her face looks so sweet crying!!! I also had women coming up to me in GT b/c Mayna had a cold and I only had 2 long sleeves and a fleece jacket on her......it was at least 75. Like you said....little did they know Mayna was coming home in a complete blizzard back in Ohio!

ClarkFamily said...

Leslie - I totally LOVE these posts celebrating Abby ... they have brought tears to my eyes for your entire family ... what a beautiful memory - hard to believe even for me that it was 2 years ago! Thanks so much for sharing such special memories! Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs from MN!

Rebekah - Jaden - Baby#2 too!

Joshua said...

Oh, I remember that day too for us. I was a bit nervous too! All that I could think of, is that we didn't have all the paper work that the embassy would need. The pics of your family are so cute with the baby. She is a doll!! Precious little face!!

Jessica said...

aww she was so tiny. The last picture is priceless the caption you put made me laugh!

Terri said...

What great memories!
What sad drama! She's too cute for all those tears!

Tina said...

Happy Embassy Day! And I love her crying picture.

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I was a nervous wreck that morning too! I had a breakfast that was made up of Pepto and Imodium. :)


Madi was wrapped up like a burrito when they brought her to us. The poor baby was sweating under all those blankets.

Have a good weekend!

Andrea

Valerie said...

I love looking at the pics of you guys from Embassy Day. We overdressed Ava for her Embassy Day, dress, one-sie, tights, shoes, sweater, and a blanket and our lawyer say she was soooo proud of us and proceeded to point out all the kids that were underdressed! We didn't tell her that this would stop once we got to Indiana, although is was cold, snowy, and freezing rain when we got home in Feb.!

Marsha said...

Happy 2 years with your family Abby!! We just celebrated 3 yrs with our son Harrison. She is so cute and so blessed to be in your family as well as you are blessed to have her! Have a grat weekend.
Marsha

Tricia said...

What sweet memories!! Love the pictures!

We lived in Antigua for a month last JULY and I learned to over-dress Sofia, who was 10-months at the time, and buddy, did she sweat! :)

Happy Friday!

Carrie said...

Happy Forever Family Day!!! Yes, you are one week after us. Have a wonderful celebration of you precious baby girl. What fantastic memories!

Oh, and if you are making a Dora room I have an extra package of wall stick ons that I did not use. I can send them to you.

MICHELLE said...

What precious memories and what a beautiful little girl you have. Have a wonderful weekend.

Rachel said...

Awe - I can only imagine the nerves you guys were feeling that day, so glad that everything worked out and she's here!!

A perfect pic to go with your post - she was "feeling the nerves too" just maybe a few years/months later in life :)

terri s said...

I love these memories you are sharing. What a great way to celebrate her forever family.

Oh! And I love that you posted a pic of hte Embassy! You naughty girl! (wink!)

Tracy'sspace said...

Happy Forever Family Day! And I love the picture of Abby crying, she looks so heart broken

Suzanne said...

look at those sweet pics of your little baby! She's not so little anymore...but adorable will do.

Melinda said...

Embassy day is so stressful but oh so special! Thanks for letting us celebrate with you! Great pictures, especially the crying one!

Have a great weekend!
Melinda

Rhonda said...

Happy embassy day!!!! It's amazing how quickly time flies by. LOVED seeing all the pictures. Have a great weekend!

Hannah said...

What sweet pictures. She has gotten so big but her expressions are the same. So cute.

Natalie C. said...

Oh happy day!

Lisa said...

What a cute cry-face! I love how you are retracing your best 5 days! Love it! Great pics!

One Busy Momma said...

Bad Girl! Taking pics of the USE!

Great pics of the first days of getting to know Abby!

love the drama face!!!! Hopefully you dont see that a lot!

Jennifer said...

A perfect princess, a perfect family, a perfect DAY! Congratulations on your Forever Family Day!

Abby is so expressive! She's so darn cute! I wish we lived closer so we could get our kids together! That'd be such fun!

I'm going to try to be a "more committed blogger" and get back with the program! My life is interfering with my blogging! Sheesh!

Love ya!
Jennifer

Sarah said...

That day is surreal, huh? Happy two years with your beautiful girl! She is adorable even with her tears!

Tonya said...

So tiny and gorgeous! I love reminiscing about the days in Guate... especially for pick up ;)

Will and Aileen said...

Love the pics of your Embassy day and the oen of your sweet girl crying. She is too cute for words!

Alleen said...

Happy Forever Family Day!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember how hot and sweaty Gabriella was when we visited and picked her up from the Foster mom. They do love to keep them warm.

Isabella's mom said...

yes what drama, but cute!


Jill

Christina said...

What a wonderful way to share your story with Abby as she grows! I love the crying picture- isn't it funny how it's painful to watch at the time (and you almost feel bad for taking the picture- almost), but seems so sweet when you look back and you're glad you did? Hope you're having a great weekend!
Christina

Ellen said...

Love the "drama" pic. I have tred to teach my kids to cry "drama" instead of "Mamma" when they get like this.

Robyn said...

Happy Forever Family Day!! The pics are adorable!! She looks so pitiful in the crying one. I just want to hug her. :)