Saturday, November 8, 2008

2 years ago today...Cindy Abigail R.

Two years ago today we got our very last picture from our Attorney in Guatemala..At the time we were waiting for pink for 6 weeks ...2 weeks later she was FOREVER in our arms!How Could You Know?
As you lay sleeping far away as still as you could be...
How could you know the joy today this photo brings to me?
A few short weeks and you'll be mine, and "I" will soon be "We".
How could you know the love I feel? It's something you can't see.
So have sweet dreams, my precious babe. Sleep well and tenderly.
Some say that you're the lucky one. How could you know it's me?
--- Kris Laughlin

17 words from my friends!:

Kelly said...

Love this!!!!SO Sweet!

Joshua said...

Sweet poem and sweet story of your little angel:)

howie mama said...

Wow! I love that poem! It is amazing how we can remember those feelings like it was yesterday. We really are the lucky ones! Hey-On december 6th we are having a COFLAC gathering at COSI for all the kids to play. You should think about coming to Columbus!H

Janet and Maya said...

Hi Leslie! Is "How Could You Know?" a song, too? It's beautiful. We know, we're surely the lucky ones.....

Tracy'sspace said...

That poem is beautiful, and Blessed be your name is one of my favourite songs!

Aimee said...

And what a cute picture it is! Isn't it crazy to think about what you were doing then!

Robyn said...

How beautiful!!

Becca said...

OMG - I'm teary-eyed. I am so happy to have been chosen to adopt.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Valerie said...

Ahhh, what a cute picture. Those big, dark eyes just capture your soul, don't they?

Rachel said...

Awe is about the only thing I can say - how sweet and man your poems always melt me heart!! Happy last picture day!!!

Amy said...

That is so sweet Leslie.

Terri said...

What a sweet post! What a blessing!

Andrea said...

What a sweet little face. So precious, it's all so surreal isn't it, those first moments when you look into those eyes and melt.

Jessica said...

How cute that poem is beautiful Leslie.

Lilipie's Mommy said...

Leslie,

I love that poem! Congratulations on your second anniversary.

Ruthie

Bobbi said...

What a cutie!! Oh, the memories we hold of those days.

Carrie said...

How sweet! We waited 5 weeks for pink and it felt like FOREVER (I was fostering). I have a picture like that of Savannah that is SO similar. I will e-mail it to you.