Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trendy 70's Olan Mills pics...

Over the past few weeks i have been posting the fashion of my family in the 70's & 80's ..Really seems like alot of you are thinking its funny so at the expense of my dignity I will keep posting!
Many of you may remember the annual family photo outings to Olan Mills? Well it just cracks me up to look at these cheesy backgrounds that you could use!
Are we in China? And she used it again the following year!
I think this was our scholarly bookshelf background!
And please take note of the really really ugly green polyester matching outfits sis and i had on!Mandys shoes are soo very ugly and brown! Really i have no clue what my Bro was wearing!

10 words from my friends!:

April said...

First thank you for your sweet words...and second these Olan Mills pics make me laugh...We too went there to do family pics, and I remember the backgrounds now, so funny....I need to go to my Mom's and dig out all my old pics...hilarious..

Amanda said...

Toooo funny! One of my old school pictures had that book shelf background. You guys were some cute babies though!

Kelly said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Amy said...

Those are too funny...and cute! Really takes you back.

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Freakin hilarious!

The shoes really cracked me up.


Andrea

Oatsvall Team said...

hilarious ... i have my olan mills pictures but my hair was so big it is hard to see the back drop ...lol

Our Family of 5 said...

ahahahahahaha! I damn near peed my pants laughing!! That is great!! You are one brave girl!! LOVE YA!!

Rachel said...

Oh dear - I've always wondered what was wrong with the plain backgrounds......why always so busy and crazy (translated cheesy and fake) - we've vowed NOT to do anything of the sort with my girl.........but of course when she was wearing her cheerleader outfit at nine months - we did have to go for the b-ball background, but that one actually made sense :)

Graycesmomma said...

Oh I too remember those backgrounds. I also remember my mom making me and my sister dress in the same dresses too. I always thought it was funny because we are not twins and that is usually a twin thing. LOL! Your pictures are great! ~Kelly

Kathy said...

Soo funny! I am sure I have some of those Olan Mills pics hanging around too! Do you think our kids will wonder why we dressed them like we did too???